Please help to keep the printer areas tidy by removing printouts promptly and by placing waste paper in the recycling bins provided.

Managed Printers

The managed printers (also known as "pull printers") are provided by IT Services, and supported and maintained by a team of Canon engineers. Managed printers are located throughout the campus; in the Kelvin building, rooms currently housing managed printers include 484 (the PPE print room), 320 and 331. These devices can also be used for scanning and copying documents.

The managed printers work on a "pull" model: rather than sending a document directly to one particular device, the document is sent to central storage from where it can be retrieved at any printer you choose; should the printer you normally use be busy or broken, you can elect to use an alternative, which may be located on another floor or in a different building altogether. The easiest way to log-in to the printer to retrieve your document is by means of your university ID card (either a staff or student card), so remember to take this with you.

For further information, see Managed Printing.

Poster Printing

The school possesses an EPSON SC-T7200 series colour plotter, located in room 331, which can be used to produce posters up to size A0. This plotter is accessible over the network, but it is often easier to print by connecting a laptop directly using a USB cable. Supplies for this printer are expensive and should be used sparingly. Further information may be obtained from PPE IT support.

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2018-12-14 - GordonStewart
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback