Welcome to the Main web

This page contains information for staff and students on travel expenses as well as accomodation.

Student information

STFC funded students

For students funded by the Science and Technologies Funding Council (STFC) expenses forms can be found here. N.B. Remember, (try to) apply for expenses before travel and to claim afterwards within the allowed time periods.

SUPA funded students

I dunno yet

Staff information

CCLRC Budget

All current CCLRC travel forms can be found on the Particle Physics travel and claims page.

CCLRC instructions and URLs change from time to time: please see the page above. Here is an overview for Glasgow users.

Firstly, if the business trip is overseas, a CCLRC Overseas Visit form is required in advance .This should be fully completed, signed by the BudgetHolder and faxed to Sue Bartlett at RAL on 01235 445672. The ORG code is "PUG" for Glasgow.

To book flights through Joint Venture Travel (JVT), please email Valerie Flood ( v.flood@physics.gla.ac.uk) with the following information:

* Destination

* Departure and return date

* Preferred time of day for the flights

* BudgetCode

Once the flights are provisionally booked with JVT your signature will be required on the booking form before it can be faxed.

UK train tickets can also be purchased through JVT, but as these are paper tickets rather than electronic ones, the booking must be made before 3pm in order to be sent out in the last post.

Department Budget

The same information as above is required for booking flights, but a university budget centre is required instead of a project code.


Travel insurance is arranged by the University Finance Office. To apply for Travel insurance read the Finance & Purchasing Office pages and complete the online form

Claiming Expenses

The various expense claim forms which you may require are available online: CCLRC advance form (.doc, .pdf)

CCLRC expenses claim form for UK trip (.xls, .pdf)

CCLRC expenses claim form for overseas trip (.doc, .pdf)

GU expense claim form (.pdf v5, .pdf v3/4, guidance notes)

Please ensure that the expense claim forms are filled out fully and accurately to facilitate swift payment, and return the complete forms to room 477 to be forwarded to the appropriate place.

All CCLRC expense claims for UK trips, regardless of the total amount claimed, require the budget holder's signature. Glasgow University Finance Office will only accept expense claims written in black ink. Forms in blue, or any colour other than black, will be returned unpaid.

Accommodation while at CERN

The group has a flat within the close vicinity of CERN. Group members travelling to CERN should therefore use this accommodation if at all possible. Availability and booking of the CERN flat can be found on the flat booking page.

-- KennyWraight - 16 Jul 2008

Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r24 | r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r1 - 2008-07-16 - KennyWraight
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback