Pixel Weekly

vidyo/phone meetings - Thursdays at 10:00 am (UK time)

Vidyo portal or Vidyo portal

In general, indico pages are listed in: https://indico.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=547

Date Indico page Other notes/docs (e.g. uploads to PUUKA Twiki)
25th Feb 2015 https://indico.cern.ch/e/373270 11:15am
22nd Jan 2015  

UK WP1: Meeting Summary
22/01/15
Meeting Commenced: 11:20
Present:
Liverpool: P.Dervan, M. Milovanovic, I. Tsurin
Oxford: D. Bortoletto
Glasgow: K. Doonan
RAL: J. Matterson, I. Wilmut, J. Lipp
Manchester: J. Pater, G. Miller
Apologies: C. Buttar, C. Da Via, V O’Shea
1. Summary of the meeting:
Liverpool:
• Mike, the Liverpool wire bonder has had an operation. He will be off work for three weeks. So there was no news on the sensors/module side of things.
• The assembly jig is nearly finished (see the slides from Ilya on the indico site). Quotes from three companies have just been received for the glue stencils. Would everything is ready we would like to have a review of the process and jig.
• Paul has been in touch with the German groups about the PSPP chip. They are making a new submission at the end of February. The UK would like some (including the strip
group). We will go and visit the German groups in the next month or so.
• If we redesign the hybrid with the PSPP chip the tapes and EOS card will need to be modified. Jo mentioned that an email had just been sent around about a face to face
meeting about the EOS card. The PSPP has now been included.


Manchester:
• Jo introduced Graham Miller. He is Manchester’s new electrical engineer.
• Jo mentioned the face to face EOS meeing. This will happen in early February. A doodle pole has been sent around.
• There will be a test beam at DESY around Easter time. The beam will be setup for 3D devices. Do you want to send the AC devices?

Oxford:
• A probe station has been ordered.
• The new lab will be ready around May time.
• Lots of work has been done on the CMOS sensors. These will be irradiated next Tuesday in Birmingham.

Glasgow:
• Tape tests will happen soon.
• Kenny has been working on the reconstruction of test beam data for sensors with different geometries

RAL:
• Wafer (ASIC) probing continues.
• More wafers are needed.
• Stages need to be ordered for the module mounting system
• Bump bonding of CP6 wafers is on going.
• The GDS file for the top metal is needed.
• Work on QUAD bump bonding is progressing.
• The modules with low bump yield are being investigated.
• A low deposition system is being looked at, to reduce the out-gassing.
• John Lipp requested that the next few meeting were announced in advance. To help with planning.
•
AOB:
• There is a RCE/COB workshop in Oxford next week.
• The next few meeting will be at 11:15am on the 5th Feb, 19th Feb and 5th March.

13th Nov 2014
 https://indico.cern.ch/event/351594/ 
Modification key is wp1
 Vidyo pin: 54321
Agenda
1. CP6 discussion: do we dice at Micron or get a new set of masks made? Paul
2. Module production update, Richard
3. Update on wafer testing, John M
4. Discussion of pixel fest agenda, all
 
If you want to add anything, please let me know.
29th Oct 2014  
Dear All,
Notes from WP1 meeting 29/10
Present: A. Stewart, J. Pater, P. Dervan, C. Buttar, K. Doonan, M. 
Milovanovic
 
Craig discussed the proposal by Anna Macciholo regarding having a single 
talk on sensors and other areas in the module meeting. It was agreed 
that this was reasonable and that we should see if it works. Craig will 
reply.
 
Craig reported that there was concern expressed by 
Advacam regarding dicing of CP6 sensors due to the mistake in the mask design. As previously discussed, 
a plan had been sent to to Advacam that sacrificed single sensors. It 
had also been agreed to have a wafer diced at Micron to see if this 
could avoid sacrificing the single sensors and having an extended edge 
on one of the quads.
The question was raised as to whether we should get a new CP6 mask set 
that is better for dicing. It was agreed we should investigate dicing 
with Micron first.
 
 *Paul will discuss dicing at Micron with Ilya and Gian to check* 
 *availability and cost and report at the next meeting.* 
 
Craig reported that the he had discussed the probe marks on the chips 
shown in Marko's slides. He said it was unusual to probe a chip twice 
but this had been done from time to time as required. It had not been a 
problem during production. He could not make a comment on dicing.
It was agreed that new modules will undergo a visual inspection to look 
at the quality of dicing, probe marks, scratches and chips. A record 
will be kept for each module.
 
 *Advacam also have a visual inspection sheet and Richard will ask if they* 
 *can be sent to us along with a module.* 
 
Please send me comments and corrections.
 
Craig & Paul
16th Oct 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/346944/  
4th Sept 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/338885/  
28th August 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/337453/  
21st Aug 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/336375/  
14th August 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/335381/  
8th August 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/334347/  
17th July 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/331148/

Agenda:

1. Status of assembly jigs and procedure for mounting hybrids to modules, Ilya

2. Status of PA5 production and tests, Ilya/Marko

3. Cooling system for module testing, Richard

4. CP6 production status, Gian/Sergey

5. TB samples for October

6. AOB

3rd July 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/328484/  
19th June 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/325758/  
12th June 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/324540/  
5th Jun 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/323508/  
29th May 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/322180/  
22nd May 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/321067/  
15th May 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/319837/  
24th April 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/315694/

Agenda:

1. Brief reports

Status of Micron sensors CP6 production, Gian/Sergey Status of testbeam preparations, Kenny

2. Discussion on module parameters for FEA thermal simulations, All See attached note by Graham Beck

3. Update on source scans for slim edge sensors, Marko

4. Response to FE-IX talk at AUW, All

5. AoB

Modification key is wp1

Vidyo pin: 54321

3rd April 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/311651/  
27th Mar 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/310167/

Agenda:

  • Freiburg talks: The list i sent to Paolo after last weeks discussion can be found below.
  • TB analysis status and SLAC discussion
  • Status of RAL In-bumped module
  • Flex and tape status
  • Update on Cea-Leti production
  • AOB

List sent to Paolo after last weeks discussion

1. Sensors

Results from characterisation of quad sensors.

We got some nice data at DESY with unirradiated and also with an irradiated sensors.

Results from characterisation of pixel sensors with different geometries As for the quads, we have some nice data from the Feb DESY TB run with unirradiated and irradiated sensors.

2. Modules

Interconnect developments

This would cover work with Cea-Leti, we have first results on using the backside compensation, status of bump-bonding at Advacam.

Status of In bump bonding at RAL

This would cover an update on the In bump bonding at RAL. We have the first module from RAL and would hope to have results from characterising.

It may be this could be merged with the more general interconnect developments.

Depending on overlaps with the other meetings, we could contribute a summary of quad and different geometries in case as there may be people who do not see the talks in the sensor sessions.

Flex development

We have a prototype flex on thin FR4 and hope to have bonded chips to it and characterised it by Freiburg.

Wafer probing

We can provide an update on UK work in this area.

20th Mar 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/309001/  
13th Mar 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/307614/  
6th Mar 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/306413/  
27th Feb 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/304966/  
21st Feb 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/event/303568/

Agenda

1. Testbeam preparation, Marko/Kate

Devices to be tested, test conditions and priorities

2. Status of wafer testing, John

30th Jan 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=298710  
23rd Jan 2014 https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=297209  
16th Jan 2014

https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=295244

 
28th Nov 2013 https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=283615  
31st Oct 2013 Indico page

Agenda

Status of Quad and CP-V modules

  • Q5 at Glasgow: Craig
  • Characterisation of CP-V: Marko
  • Status of thin and AC coupled sensors from Micron: Dean

Testbeam preparations

  • People & safety training
  • RCE system
  • PS and other components

Status of wafer probing at Edinburgh: Corrinne

Update on RAL bump-bonding: John

24th Oct 2013 Indico page  
17th Oct 2013

Indico page

Weekly 171013&FolderCTID=0x0120002E98033CFF626142BE1899F87D8B6F28&View={8C524712-F3D0-4480-B753-D977C03D97EA}&InitialTabId=Ribbon.Document&VisibilityContext=WSSTabPersistence


 
10th Oct 2013 Indico page  
3rd Oct 2013 confId=276089  
26th Sept 2013 https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=275058">confId=275058  
12th Sept 2013 confId=268648  
5th Sept 2013 confId=271197  
29th Aug 2013 confId=270174  
22nd Aug 2013 confId=264982  
8th Aug 2013 confId=266895  
1st Aug 2013 confId=266005 Notes: https://indico.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=266005
25th July 2013 confId=264982 Notes: https://indico.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?resId=0&materialId=1&confId=264982
30th May 2013  

Notes_from_WP1_meeting_30th_May

Pre_and_post_assembly_IVs_summary (Tom Mcmullen)

Status DAQ (Andreas Korn)

4th Oct 2012   September CERN Testbeam Update CERN-PPStestbeam-Overview-sept2012.pptx
9th Aug 2012   Discussion document on Flex PCB:-
15th Mar 2012   Glasgow Update: GlasgowUpdate_150312.pdf
29th Jan 2012   Minutes: 2012-01-19_UKModules.txt
10th Nov 2011    
3rd Nov 2011   Micron Quad Detectors IV: 031111.pptx
9th June 2011   Minutes
2nd June 2011   Minutes
19th May 2011   Minutes
5th May 2011  
21st Apr 2011    
7th Apr 2011   Minutes of the meeting Minutes_from_April_7th_UK_Pixel_Module_phone_meeting.doc
3rd Mar 2011   -- RichardBates - 2011-01-21

-- CraigButtar - 2013-06-03

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Unknown file formatdocx Notes_from_WP1_meeting_30th_May.docx r1 manage 117.2 K 2013-06-03 - 14:57 CraigButtar  
PDFpdf PixelDAQ_300513.pdf r1 manage 15560.6 K 2013-06-03 - 14:58 CraigButtar  
Unknown file formatpptx Pre_and_post_assembly_IVs_summary.pptx r1 manage 853.5 K 2013-06-03 - 14:58 CraigButtar  
Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r42 | r30 < r29 < r28 < r27 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r28 - 2015-02-26 - JohnLipp
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback